Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

More Booky Goodness - also to be known as the blog post called In September I am Reading...

I have just discovered Krafty Kuka and more literary goodness.  So now I am going to bore my two and a half readers with a frequent account of what I am reading.

Currently - carrying in my handbag Those in Peril by Nicolas Freeling.  It isn't a Van der Valk book, but a Henry Castang book.  I like to carry thrillers and murders in my bag that can be dipped into for a few minutes here and there.  It's about sex crimes and art fraud.

In bed at night - started two other books which I will mention when I read more of them, but currently We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver.  Baby Bear read it and thought I would like it.  Well, maybe not 'like', as she pointed out it is incredibly confronting.  It is unputdownable in a 'there but for the grace of God' sort of way.  It's about a high school mass murder by a teenager who was never 'quite right' but only his mother really noticed, and she was so ambivalent about motherhood that everyone ignored her.  It is like being constantly slapped in the face by one's own prejudices and it is scaring the pants off me.

1 comment:

2paw said...

van der Valk?? The TV van der valk?? There are books!!! I remember watching it on TV when I was younger. I shall have to search them out!! Thank you!