Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Teddy Bear Tuesday


OK IT'S NOT A FLIPPING TEDDY BEAR!!!!!!!

Right, now we've got that out of the way.

This is at once the oldest and the newest addition to my display tray. I've had him since I was quite young, about Grade 4 or Grade 5 I think. I loved him to death - he is made out of squishy rubbery plastic and used to live on my desk in my bedroom. Goodness knows where he came from, I think they were quite popular in those dim distant days (in the 1970s - for the historically minded!)

I found him when I was going through my father's place in June/July. He immediately came home with me and went into the display tray. Even though he reminds me of my father, which isn't necessarily a good thing, he reminds me of rare happy moments as a child, too. And look at that face - who couldn't love him!

Vital statistics - 4cm tall, nearly 6cm from elbow to elbow.

Next week will be a more conventional teddy bear, promise!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: