Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Me-Made-June Week 3

Another chilly week.  But not quite as bad as last week!  It did however start with a scarf.


This is knitted from Lincraft Prism and is 70% wool and 30% soysilk.  The pattern is from Knitted Shawls, Stoles and Scarves by Nancie Wiseman and it can be knitted either as a shawl (my MIL has a lovely pink and purple one) or a scarf.


I had to get my favorite glass brooch in somewhere this month!


Then it was a wet day and I had to catch the tram to work, which means walking through a park (which is pretty at sunrise, but gives you wet feet), and so I wore waterproof shoes and carried office shoes in the felted bag I made for Me-Made-May. 


This brooch, made some years ago, sits on the lapel of a designer denim blazer that I bought in an op shop about the same time that I made the brooch. 


A cold Sunday meant hand knitted socks.  These are Jaywalkers knitted in a mixture of wool and cotton.



I've worn very little of my own jewellery this month, mostly because I have had the perfect opportunity to wear the handknits!!  But I did wear these green and blue coralled earrings.


And finally, as Arctic blasts assailed Melbourne, I wore my Fetchings, knitted from the same Prism yarn as the scarf at the start of this post.

I haven't been doing My Creative Spaces for the last couple of weeks, because of the planning and photographing, etc, of Me-Made-June.  but I am going to this week, because I am participating in a KAL (Knit-along, for those who are wondering) and I want to show some progress pictures, and it's pretty much what I have been working on all week.

3 comments:

Sandi said...

What a busy gal you have been! Love the woolly scarf, it looks so toasty and warm.

mrspao said...

Beautiful made me's! Love the colour of your Fetchings.

2paw said...

I love that scarf, it is so pretty and your brooch and earrings too. Very fetching Fetchings!!!