Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sometimes Something Really Simple...



... is all it takes to feel as though you have accomplished something. I fancied some quick scarves. These are practically cheating. 3 x 20cm of attractive fabrics, an hour zig-zagging and trimming, and I have three new scarves. They aren't especially polished in their execution or anything, but I feel as though I have finished something!

I was too lazy to get out the overlocker or play with the rolled hem edger that I have. And being across the width of the material they are a little too short to wrap extravagently and do an Isadora Duncan with, but they are perfectly nice and wearable scarves.

They are all polyester chiffon. The bottom one also has satin and burnout velvet on it.

I personally like the shadow effect in the photos of the two straight chiffon ones.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

2paw said...

That's a clever idea, and I would prefer it if you didn't do an Isadora Duncan thank you!!!

Bear Chick said...

I know what you mean. Sometimes just setting out to do something and actually getting it done is so satisfying. And it may lead to a domino effect--get one thing done and you're inspired to do the next thing on your list! Pretty scarves, BTW!

mrspao said...

Lovely scarves :)