Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Loot

I went to the Stitches and Craft Show in Melbourne yesterday, and generally had a good time.  There was lots of interesting stuff to see, and to wonder over, and some of it followed me home...

There was some cool textile art, like this from Prudence Mapstone, which was as amazing as everything she does (and it was nice to say hello to her again too).

The Quilt Show was obviously very popular though I admit that to my tastes there are never enough 'art quilts'.  I really do admire the work and the patience and the artistry of the more conventional quilts that are there - I would never in a million years be able to sit down and do them - but I seem to gravitate towards the more weird and demented types of art quilt these days.

All in all a fun (and expensive!) day out.

No comments: