Total Pageviews

Monday, September 11, 2006

Bondage

Well, it got your attention more than a title like 'Sleep Study Tonight', didn't it!

I am undergoing a sleep study tonight, at home, which means I have to be inserted into a remarkably attractive contraption of wire and leads and electrodes and box things, and then have a good night's sleep. If I was enthusiastic about bondage, no doubt it would fulfil certain fantasies. However I feel claustrophobia coming on already.

This is because it was compulsory to see a respiratory physician before my operation could be finally approved, and she looked at my medical history and insisted on a sleep study. It is possible that I have sleep apneoa or hypoventilation, and if so they need to know before shoving me under an anasthetic. Fair enough. More excitingly, it is just possible that if one of these is diagnosed, it might be an underlying cause of the CFS - something that no-one else I have seen for it in five years has actually mentioned. (To his credit George did mention it last year but I never followed through on it).

At least I don't have to go into hospital overnight and try to have a normal night's sleep there! I will be in my own bed, and more comfortable at least.

And if I run amok through the house in the wee hours making like Frankenstein's monster, well, that'll give 'em something to talk about at the sleep centre!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I have sleep apnea and I feel so much better since they diagnosed it and I started using a CPAP. Hopefully they can help you out. I had so many health concerns that all seemed unrelated but all went away after I got my iron lung (ha).

Good luck with the sleep study. It is a restless night.