Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Yummy Helen's Lace!!

This delectable little pile is three skeins of Helen's Lace from Lorna's Laces. It is a laceweight 50% wool and 50% silk and it really does have a beautiful sheen to it, it's not just in the photo. I;m not entirely sure what to do with it - each skein has something like 1200 yards in it, which is enough to knit a smallish shawl but not enough to knit some of the really big elaborate ones I would like to try. I think I will use one skein to knit the pattern that comes with the yarn inside the label, and then maybe use the rest to knit lace scarfs. I am not an accomplished lace knitter but i want to improve my skills, and I would rather knit four different lace scarfs (I presume I will be able to get two out of each skein) than two more small shawls. The colours are just divine and I wish I could have got it in every colour it comes in!! Posted by Picasa

No comments: