Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Warm

It's quite warm today but probably not quite warm enough to get me into the pool, which will still be a bit chilly. The kids (and friends) are about to go in and so I might be tempted in a couple of hours.

I spent yesterday in bed with a migraine. It;s been ages since I got a full-blown migraine, so I guess I should be thankful. Today I am in that slightly fragile state that comes in the wake of a migraine. Fortunately we had a quiet weekend planned. Or rather, I did. Baby Bear had a birthday party to go to yesterday, which she thoroughly enjoyed, followed by playing at a carols concert. George has been helping our lovely big nephew move house. He babysat for us on Friday night while we went to George's work Christmas do (which was OK but very noisy and the food was only adequate - no I didn't have a hangover yesterday, I didn't drink much at all).

The mystery scarf continues to grow, slowly. I have been experimenting and have abandoned a couple of the experiments, though I will keep them in case I can use them in something else further down the track.

I have been spending a lot of time recently reading blogs and looking at other people;s work and wondering why they are so prolific when I, who stay at home, doesn't have a job and would apparently have acres of free time, take so long to do anything. I think I answered my own question - less time reading blogs and wasting time, more time creating!!! I procrastinate too much and spend too much time reading magazines and stuff on the computer. It is good for inspiration but there must come a time when I have to actually USE the inspiration instead of thinking about it!

Wombat has just announced that he won't go in for a swim if the others don;t go in, and they don't seem to want to. So I have just offered to sacrifice myself for a too cold swim with him. At least I will get some exercise!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, not too sure what the answer is there.....I am sure you are busy enough doing all the 10000000000's of things that need to be done at home on a daily basis - usual family life etc. I must admit that I always knit when I am relaxing watching TV....don't know how the lace knitting concentration would go in front of the Telly though :)