Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Wingspan

I've been wanting to knit Wingspan for a while, and eventually got round to it.  Here is the result:


I used about 3/4 ball of Wisdom Yarns Poems Socks, 75% Superwash Wool and 25% Nylon, in (obviously) a pink/purple/grey colourway.  It's a Turkish yarn that appeared in Spotlight at some point, quite cheaply, and I bought four balls of it in different colours.  The colours are all gorgeous, with long, Noro-like colour changes, but the quality of the yarn itself is pretty ho-hum, being rough and splitty.  I wouldn't want to wear actual socks made from it.  But it made a pretty scarf/shawlette.  I've given this one to my daughter because they are her colours, and I enjoyed knitting it so much that I have decided to make another one for me, out of another colourway of the same yarn.  I might make mine a bit longer though, nine or ten 'wings' instead of eight.

1 comment:

roxie said...

Sooo pretty! The pattern really shows off the colors!