Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Curley Whirly!!

I've just knitted a Curley Whirly scarf! Or rather, a Short circuit Scarf from Taphophile.


This is a birthday present for my sister-in-law and it wasn't finished quite on time, so she was allowed to see it halfway through and then I whisked it away to finish it. She loves purple and blues and pinks. I dyed this wool a couple of years ago and had been hanging on to it till I thought of the right thing to do with it, and she was the obvious recipient!

Specifications : 4 x 50g 5 ply, not all the same brand but all pure wool. Dyed by me in Landscape dyes with much glee. Knitted until it ran out. It measures over 3 metres! She can wrap it round her neck at least three times. Apparently her pupils (she is s secondary school teacher) delight in checking out her handknits so this one should keep them amused for a few minutes. It was fun to knit but I couldn;t have gone for any longer, I was starting to go a little stir-crazy! Brilliant pattern, thanks Taph, easy to memorise and looks fiendish but isn't at all.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Denise said...

Oh well done! I went a bit stir crazy with mine as well, and only lasted to 3 balls. Yours is a much better colour; mine is lurid electric green and yellow, I'm still not sure what to wear it with! Glad your SIL loves it :)

Taphophile said...

Wow - that is fantastic! 3m - you deserve a medal. Thanks for giving the pattern a go.