Total Pageviews

Monday, January 01, 2007

Passion Flower

And a very happy new year to the world! We had a quiet one - some friends over for a tiny party until about 9pm, then some people went to bed, Baby Bear and her friend watched a DVD and fell into bed straight after midnight, and I followed almost immediately and read till latish.

This is a picture of a passion flower, the flower of the passion fruit vine, on top of our roof. Taken by Baby Bear a couple of days ago. (We have a flat roof, so it's safer than it sounds!) Sadly the vine is going to have to be either heavily trimmed back, or come down altogether. The flowers are spectacular though. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that is one gorgeous flower, thank you for posting it, I know I've never seen that before!

Taphophile said...

Oh it's just so beautiful. I planted a passion vine last year just for the flowers. It hasn't flowered yet, but I continue to hope.