Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

D is for Dolman

Another Jersey photo from the same holiday. This is a dolman, an Iron Age burial site. Jersey had a number of fantastic dolmans and other standing stones - I love visiting these and it is something that Australia rather sadly lacks! Nothing beats the feeling of walking along that path and standing under the stones - unless it is going underground to see them, which I was able to do in some of the other sites. (Which got interesting as I was six months pregnant at the time!) Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

knitabulous said...

I'm trying to post a link to the book meme post, but blogger isn't co-operating today.

I have read so many of the books on this list I feel quite proud of myself, and I have the memory of a great english teacher to thank for that I suppose. See, I'm not anti-teacher! I'll be linking this meme too if it's ok with you.

Thanks for the comment on my blog, your school sounds wonderful.