Total Pageviews

Monday, February 13, 2006

C Is For Curly-Whirly

Meet my Curly-Whirly, alongside Snakey who just happens to match.

I used some leftover acrylic, as mentioned in a previous post - it was a Lincraft own brand but I am pretty sure it was one of their relabelling of well-known European yarns that happened last year - very good value too as they were identical but much cheaper. I think it was the same as Filatura Di Crosa's Hopla. I also used another Lincraft branded yarn that was another fancy European yarn rebranded, but can't remember a thing about it!

This was crocheted - much easier than having millions of stitches on the needle - but boy did it eat up yarn! That's why I added the extra yarn, as i ran out of the first yarn too soon and the scarf was still too narrow. Unfortunately the only yarn I had which looked right with it is a bit scratchy and I am going to have to be careful not to let actually touch my neck - a pity because the original yarn is nice and soft, like a cloud!

I am keen to do another, wider one of these, with beads. I really liked the one Yarnivorous did and I;m thinking of something like that. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

yarnivorous said...

Aw, gee, thanks, Sheep Rustler! Hope the lurgy is getting better! And these tests come up with the right answer.

Taphophile said...

Gotta agee with you about the crochet. Curly Whirlies would be much better crochet projects. Love the purple.