I am trying various things from the book Betsy Beads by Betsy Hershberg, as mentioned in a previous post about knitting necklaces. This is the only thing I have completed so far, as now I am knitting a pile of beads to string together, and they are time-consuming. This is knitted with 4 ply pink cotton and size 6 seed beads, in a purl I-cord (as opposed to the more 'normal' knit I-cord). According to the book, doing I-cord in purl forces it to spiral. My tension obviously isn't tight enough, even though I am using tiny needles (something like 1.5mm, can't remember exactly) with the cotton. It did spiral a bit, but I still have to twist it a few times to produce the desired spirally look when I wear the necklace. I didn't do a great job of attaching the magnetic clasp, sadly, though that doesn't show so much when you are wearing it, but it looks nice on and I am quite pleased with it. Pictures of the knitted beads to come, eventually.
I've been meaning to make Sirius a new dog bed for ages, having bought this cheerful polar fleece some months ago. She eats her beds, and I don't resent it when it's polar fleece, which is cheap, so I make her one every couple of years. This is bigger than the previous ones, and it's a bit like a nest.
I think she likes it! She likes to have a bed under my sewing table in the family room, even though she can't use it when I am actually sewing.
I also did a ridiculously easy refashioning project. I was culling my wardrobe recently and picked a few summer dresses to donate to op shops. This one was in that pile, but I realised that I really liked the fabric, and I was only ditching the dress because the top fitted badly (it either rode up, making me look heavily pregnant, or pulled down, which exposed half my bra). So...
A quick pin, a careful zig-zag, and a skirt, voila!!