Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Multidirectional scarf

i finished this scarf a few weeks ago but this is the first chance I have had to photograph it. It is now in the proud possession of Baby Bear, who loves it. This is Iris Schreier's scarf. I am still waiting for her book - I preordered it through Amazon a while ago, and though it is available now, I also preordered another book at the same time which is obviously not ready yet. I am content to wait - I have other things to do anyway! I did this scarf to teach myself the short-rowing technique that she uses. It was quite easy and fun to do, though I got bored about halfway through - but I wanted to make it long enough for Baby Bear to wear it wrapped around her neck. The yarn is 3 X 50g balls of ancient cream Totem that I dyed in the ball to create tiny colour repeats. I like the effect a great deal though I think it would look better in stocking stitch - I think I will dye some sock wool using the same technique and make socks. Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Just thought I would stop by and say "Hello Sheep Rustler." It's been a hectic
but very worthwhile last few days for me. In searching for more handmade crochet dog scarf related info on the Internet, I came across your site. I appreciate your content and I really appreciate your Multidirectional scarf! It's been a great help in collecting more info on handmade crochet dog scarf. Thanks again and have a great day!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

That looks great! I am going to do a multi directional next, after the mini clapotis, the clapotis, the branching out scarf...blah, blah blah....:)

Anonymous said...

Hi mum, this is so awesome!!!
I love your blog, it makes me feel, well, not that much different, considering I already know most of this stuff.
You haven't blogged in over a month.
NEwayz mum, now im practically rolfmao(I've been lrng from u!!!rolling on the floor larfing a**e off!!)
Luv u tons mum, and the wonderful creations u make for everybody(im jealous of whoever gets the things u make that arent for me or u!!)
1ce again mum, luv u tons!!§§§§§