Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

I LOVE Melbourne weather!!!

No, that's not said sarcastically. Many people moan about Melbourne weather, but I truly love it. Yesterday reached 34C, which is far too hot, and today it's about 15C and pouring with rain. I'd hate to live in a place where the weather stayed the same for weeks on end!!! I'm very relieved that it's cooler today, I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and hot weather is a real killer for me.

The last few weeks have sped by, leaving me little time or energy for blogging, but now the school year has started and things are slowly returning to normal. (Having said that, Wombat is at home today after spectacularly puking all over the carpet last night - probably a combination of swallowing too much pool water and then eating a large bowl of popcorn, but better to be on the safe side as he still felt sick this morning). Fortunately the carpet is very old and horrible and will be replaced sometime in the next couple of years, probably with tiles!

The summer holidays turned into one of those Hallmark idylls that I never thought I would have with my children. George had three weeks off work and we spent the time being a (mostly) very happy family unit, visiting friends, and most of all having a constant stream of visitors in and out of our pool. The barbeque got a real work out and there were several occasions when altogether too much wine was consumed! The bathroom never got clear of constant piles of wet towels and muddy footprints. Sometimes I lost count of the number of kids in the house; sometimes I would go into another room and find an extra one that I didn't even know was there! And it was all relaxed and fun and a good omen for the year to come.

Sirius has been in the wars. Just after Christmas Baby Bear was bathing her and got shampoo in her eye, and didn't rinse it straight out. By the time she told us what had happened, Sirius had already scratched her eyeball and needed vet attention. Eyedrops and anti-inflammatories and a veterinary collar cured the problem in about a week, but she felt rather sorry for herself. And then after another couple of weeks she got an insect bite on her leg which she worried until it bled, so it's back in the collar for her again. She hates the collar, understandably, and gets quite depressed when wearing it.

I have been knitting! Still on the four projects mentioned earlier. Plus I have bought stuff to knit the Sally Melville poncho on the cover of ghe current Knitters. Mine will be in pinks and whites and in totally different yarns, as I am using easily available Australian yarns.


No comments: